Hey everyone! I had meant to put this up sooner but ya’know, life happened and stuff. Sorry.
Anyway, I’m putting this up now before I put up a review on one of the books I’ve bought on this haul, which is One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell. I’m also starting on another book entitled The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe so look out for a review on that one too.
All in all, I was able to bring home 10 books from Fully Booked and National Bookstore, which, coincidentally, was also having a warehouse sale the day we decided to go so I was able to score more books that I originally intended. :)
Here’s a list of all the books I got:
- A Year in High Heels – Camilla Morton. This has been in my wish list since FOREVER (along with How to Walk in High Heels by the same author) and I couldn’t be happier that I finally have it.
- Attachments – Rainbow Rowell. I discovered Rainbow Rowell after picking up one of her books (Fangirl) during Christmas shopping last year. I didn’t think I’ll like her writing at first but now that I’ve finished one, I want to read ALL her books.
- Great Aunt Sophia’s Lessons for Bombshells – Lisa Cach. This will be a classic ugly duckling to graceful swan transformation story, I think. I can’t wait to read it. :)
- Hollow City – Ransom Riggs. This is another book that’s been in my wish list for a long time. I picked up the first book in the series about two years ago, I believe, and when I heard about a second book coming out, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. BUT, being the OC person that I am, I did not grab a copy as soon as it came out, simply because they did not have the hardbound ones yet and I wanted a hardbound one because my copy of the first book was a hardbound one. HAHA! Yeah, talk about nuts. :P
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookshop – Robin Sloan. This book captured my attention the moment I walked into the bookstore so it was one of the first few I picked up. The short description at the back of the book further solidified my decision to get it so I did. :)
- One Fifth Avenue – Candace Bushnell. This was actually one of the books I found at the warehouse sale. I remember seeing this a long time ago but I never really considered getting it until now because you know, SALE. ;)
- The Club Dumas – Arturo Perez-Reverte. Another steal from the warehouse sale, but this one I never saw until now. It was pretty…rowdy at the warehouse sale so I just assumed that whatever book I saw and liked was meant to be brought home that day. HAHA!
- The Enchantress of Florence -Salman Rushdie. It sounds so magical doesn’t it? *sigh*
- The House of Velvet and Glass – Katherine Howe. Yet another steal from the warehouse sale. Again, it was on sale, I saw it, I liked it, I put a ring on it. Yeah, not really.
- Winter Wonderland – Belinda Jones. What can I say? I was drawn to the cover. Don’t judge.
AAND..that’s about it. I hope I didn’t bore you guys to death. I will be posting my review of One Fifth Avenue soon (hopefully). :*